Water Permits

Permits must be requested in advance by contacting the Conservation Department or visiting the DWP office at 41972 Garstin Drive. Permits can be picked up, mailed, or delivered and must be displayed during the activity. Permits are not guaranteed.

Here are some of the circumstances for which you can receive a water permit:

  • New or rehabilitated turf - 10-14 days from installation; time of day and duration depends on sod or seed
    • Water permits may be denied if new turf grass has been installed without a landscape permit or in violation of local/county/state regulations. 
  • Paint or stain preparation - one day power washing of exterior walls or decks
  • Public health and sanitation - generally limited to one day, power wash only in public spaces
  • Fundraising or community car washes - still must use a bucket and shut-off nozzle on the hose. Please also note that you are required to prevent runoff down streets and into gutters in accordance with the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System. For more information, please contact the City of Big Bear Lake Engineering Department.

New plants, trees or shrubs should be watered within DWP restrictions. We recommend a deep soak in the morning and/or evening on alternate days. 

Was this page helpful for you? Yes No