Indoor Plumbing Surveys
Water surveys, sometimes referred to as water audits, are a simple way to determine if you can save money while also saving our water supply. The DWP Conservation Department offers free water surveys.
Indoor Plumbing Survey Information
- Surveys generally take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- We set an appointment that is convenient for you. Appointments are available Monday through Friday 8:30a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and are scheduled at the top or bottom of the hour.
- We can meet the homeowner, the tenant, or property manager, as long as we have the homeowner’s permission.
- We inspect the kitchen faucet, bathroom faucet(s), showerhead(s) and toilet(s) to check for leaks and to see whether the plumbing fixtures are low-flow. Federal Plumbing Standards require that all new plumbing fixtures are low-flow/flush:
- Toilets must have flush volumes of 1.6 gallons per flush or less
- Faucets must have flow volumes of 2.2 gallons per minute or less
- Showerheads must have flow volumes of 2.5 gallons per minute or less
- If needed, we provide free replacement low-flow aerators for your kitchen and bathroom faucets, and free replacement low-flow showerheads.
- If your toilets are high-flush toilets (manufactured before 1994, which use 3.5 to 7 gallons per flush), you may be eligible for our Toilet Rebate Program.
- If you recently purchased a home in the Bear Valley, please read more about our Retrofit on Change of Service Program.
Interested? Request an Indoor Plumbing Survey